I have always been nosy, loving a peek around a friends medicine cabinet or into their closet, and entering the world of baby gear has taken it to a whole other level. There are endless options for everything, so I love getting a chance to see a more edited collection of favorite products.
I spent hours on The Wise Baby when I first discovered it when I was pregnant, poring over their Real Moms Favorite Products column. I was featured about a month ago, and have included my picks from the site below, along with some new additions.
Wise Baby Picks
1. HANNA ANDERSSON ONESIES – I have a drawer stocked with these! My favorite aspect is the organic cotton, but I also love the colors and the fact that you can get socks, blankets and hats to match.
2. 3 SPROUTS STORAGE CADDY, MOUSE – We keep a portable changing pad in our living room so we don’t always need to go back into the nursery for changing, and stock our diapers, wipes and cream in this storage caddy. Since we brought Georgie home from the hospital, she has LOVED staring at the mouse on the front – we’ve even named him! She now spends chunks of her day staring at him and talking to him – the best $15 we could have spent!
3. MARPAC SOUND MACHINE – Since we are in an apartment, we make sure the sound machine is on for naps and bedtime so we don’t have to worry so much about making noise and disturbing the baby. Plus, I think she finds the fan sound soothing.
4. ADEN + ANAIS BURPY BIB – Georgie doesn’t wear these yet, but I always have one nearby to catch any spit up that may arise when burping her. They’re so soft and the patterns are adorable.
5. BABY FEED APP – Since I can’t seem to remember what happened last week, let alone four hours ago, this is essential for keeping track of feeds and sleep. I also love looking at the ‘analyze’ tab which charts everything and allows you to pick up on any patterns so you can guide baby into a bit of a schedule.
6. CAKE LINGERIE COTTON CANDY NURSING BRA – These are the best! I have a range of colors and absolutely love them for their mega comfort and ease of use. Plus they hold up amazingly well wash after wash.
7. SOLLY BABY WRAP – Such a fan favorite, but I had to mention because it’s the absolute best! I’ll be buying one for every friend that gets pregnant! It’s so comfortable and I love being snuggled up to my babe while also having both hands free (she’s actually snoozing away in the wrap right now as I type). I have the grey and white stripe which matches everything, and I love knowing that Georgie is getting the closeness she needs during her ‘fourth trimester’.
8. ROCKING CHAIR – I’m so glad we decided to splurge on our rocking chair. It’s become such a lovely place to sit with our baby girl, and it works perfectly with our existing living room decor.
9. CAMELBAK GLASS WATER BOTTLE – It’s incredible how thirsty you get the minute your baby starts nursing! I make sure my water bottle is always filled up and nearby, and I love having one that’s made of glass, and also has a pop-up straw for easy drinking.
10. HAPPY LAMB FLEECE TOPPER – This was one of the best gifts we received. It instantly cozies up the stroller when we’re out for walks, and when we’re home, we put it on the floor with a knit blanket on top for play time and tummy time.
11. BABYBJORN BOUNCER BALANCE SOFT & WOODEN TOY BAR – We prefer our baby gear to be as simplistic as possible, and purposely chose this seat over some of the others with more bells and whistles. Georgie loves kicking her little legs in it, and is starting to play around with the sweet wooden toy bar we attached to the front. As a bonus, it’s so easy to fold and store, or throw in the car for weekends away at grandma and grandpa’s house.
Beaba Babycook Pro – We got this in the sorbet color when Georgie started on solids, and so far I really enjoy making her baby food. It makes me feel a little bit like Diane Keaton in Baby Boom, which makes me happy.
Water Wipes – Georgie makes quite the mess when she’s eating, so I keep a pack of these by her high chair to wipe her hands and face. They’re 99.9% water and 0.1% fruit extract, so I feel fine when she inevitably sticks her fingers directly into her mouth after I wipe her down.
Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes – When Georgie is in her Bjorn bouncer and we put this on, she lights up and kicks her legs to the music. It’s very adorable.
Baby Bjorn Travel Crib Light – We used this for the first time in Vermont, and Georgie slept like a little angel. It’s super light and easy to pop up and take down.
Top photo via, all others from my iPhone